CFBS 46th Annual Meeting - June 11-15, 2003
The Canadian Federation of Biological Societies wishes to call your attention to the various events and a new service at this year's CFBS 46th Annual Meeting, Ottawa Congres Centre, June 11-15, 2003.
The major theme this year will be Cardiovascular and Metabolic Disease. The concept is to provide a focused meeting content that is of wide enough interest to attract researchers and research trainees from university, government and industry backgrounds. The plan is to provide a forum for discussion of recent findings in the broad area of cardiovascular research from basic medical science and at the clinical level.
- KATP Channels in Heart, Vasculature and Pancreas
- Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptors in Cardiovascular Regulation
- Inflammatory Heart Diseases and Cardiac Failure
- Diabetes and Atherosclerosis
- Insulin and the Role of the Adipocyte
- The Adipocyte and Thermogenisis and Metabolism
- Protective Effects of Nutrients in CVD - Addressing Recent Controversies
- The Aging Skeleton
NRC Symposium: From Genes to Imaging: New Target Discovery and Diagnostic Approaches in Cardiovascular Diseases
Health Canada & Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada Symposium: Nutrition, Functional Foods and Cardiovascular Disease
New Canadian Nutrient File Initiative
The Food Directorate (Health Canada) is embarking on an initiative to broaden the utilization of the Canadian Nutrient File (CNF) in meeting the needs of its clients for a quality standard reference database of nutrients in foods commonly consumed in Canada. This initiative will explore the needs of a broader client community and opportunities for the evolution of the CNF in order to maximize its potential utility in meeting an expanded set of expectations by broadening its scope.
Top of page